- Question/Problems With Research
- Cover Letters
- Hunter S. Thompson
- Group Activity
- Introduce you to the employer.
- Focus on your unique skill set.
- Demonstrate some of your knowledge/credentials.
- Highlight your writing ability.
- Persuasive in nature.
Small Group Activity:
- Describe the tone of each example.
- Find examples of formal and informal language in the letters.
- Identify parts of the passage that you think are either persuasive or are intended to be persuasive.
- Identify parts of each letter that you felt worked.
- Identify parts of each letter that you felt did not work.
Homework Due: None.
Homework Assigned: Draft one of Persuasive Research Paper due Wednesday. Bring two copies to class for peer review.
Find a job posting that you would be interested in applying for in your future. Write a cover letter in the style of your choice for the job. Post both the cover letter and the job that inspired it on your blog. Due Friday.