- How to Cite a Movie in MLA
- Seinfeld Videos on Exclamation Points
- Small Group Discussion of They Say/I Say
- Lolcats Discussion/Activity
Small Group Discussion: In groups of two or three, discuss They Say/I Say 68-75
- Voice Markers
- Reading Comprehension
- Attributive Tags/Who Is Saying What?
- Using First Person/”I”
Lecture: Discuss audience/genre expectations prior to activity, and introduce lolcat memes.
Small Group Activity: Using an images from icanhas.cheezburger.com’s meme builder, create two caption for a photo, one using conventional SWE, and another using nonstandard forms. These memes are generally humorous, but you can affect other tones if you feel it is appropriate. For your SWE caption, you can use a template from the They Say/I Say text if you feel it fits. We will share the images briefly with the group.