- Five Minute Freewrite/Brainstorming Session On Research Paper
- Stats WordPress
- Vote On Cover Letter Lesson
- Library Tour Poll
- Discuss They Say/I Say Chapter 2 (30-41)/Complete Exercise #1 Pg 40
- Introduce Rogerian Rhetoric/Tone/Ethos, Pathos, Logos
- Group Reading/Activity, “Why We Crave Horror Movies” by Stephen King
Small Group Activity: Complete Exercise #1 on pg 40 of They Say/I Say
“To get a feel for Peter Elbow’s “believing game,” write a summary of some belief that you strongly disagree with. Then write a summary of the position that you actually hold on this topic. Give both summaries to a classmate or two, and see if they can tell which position you endorse. If you’ve succeeded, they won’t be able to tell” (40).
Corporate Activity: Read “Why We Crave Horror Movies” by Stephen King.
Homework Due: Reading only.
Homework Assigned: Read pages 42-51 of They Say/I Say. Continue working on the final draft of your paper.