- Freewrite–5 Minutes: Five minutes on memorable experiences from your childhood.
- Small Group Activity (1): Discuss the reading (pg. 36-42) in Reading Rhetorically. What are the author’s main points?
- Small Group Activity (2): Select a text from the table. Take note of the visual elements. What do they say about the text? Do they provide clues about the type of material? Do they assist in the navigation of the text itself? Record your observations about each text, and swap texts with a neighboring group after a few minutes, or when you’ve run out of things to say about a text.
- Corporate Activity (1): Frank Miller on Comics
- Corporate Activity (2): Infographic
- Notes Produced In Class:Visual Elements
Connecting With The Reading
Recalling your own background
New information? What do you already know?
Reconstructing the Rhetorical Context
Marking unfamiliar terms
Identifying your purpose
Setting a goal
Homework Due: Blog post one due today.
Homework Assigned: Pages 43-53 from Bean_Reading_Rhetorically-33-65.pdf.Print out the pdf, and make notes in the margins (annotation) as you read. We will share the annotations with our small groups Wednesday.